How to get your Sex After Trauma Reward! Please read*
over 1 year ago
– Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 11:52:51 PM
This post is for backers only. Please visit Kickstarter.com and log in to read.
thank you so very much.
over 1 year ago
– Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 12:45:34 PM
my heart is full. my mind is tired. my body is so glad to be chillin' on my parents' couch.
i'm gonna take the holidays off, but i'll be back in the new year with some updates about reward deliveries and writing progress.
thank you for saying YES to this book, which is really about saying YES to the possibility that you can experience healthy sex, safe love and intimate belonging...even now, even after all this.
i'm grateful (SO grateful) i get to write this book for you. to draw you a map for your sacred reclamation. to tell you stories of the things that changed everything for me and my clients.
now...to rest and digest what we just did together.
love love love love love.
WE DID IT!
over 1 year ago
– Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 07:52:35 PM
WE DID IT!!!!!
Ahhhhhhhmazing HUMANS! We. Did. IT. We put our hearts and cash and efforts and devotion together, and we funded this BOOK. We said YES to our personal and collective sexual healing. YES YES YES YES YES.
It feels like no mistake that we fully funded this Kickstarter the morning after winter solstice – the longest, darkest night of the year. It's official... we are now WELCOMING THE LIGHT.
I'm completely overjoyed and so incredibly grateful, honored, and THRILLED. (For real, I can't wait to nestle away and write, write, write!) Ah! THANK YOU to every single one of you who backed and/or shared! You each made this happen!
I'm over on Facebook Live doing the 10 Hour Telethon with epic sex educator friends from 9am to 6pm PST today! Join us for the celebration! We're giving away all kinds of sexy soulful stuff! We're talking about wild things! We're drinking champaign and doing trauma sensitive yoga! #secretbadgirl #wholeness We're playing songs and dancing it all out! I'd love to celebrate together.
Thank you. I'm so grateful. And so so so excited to write this book for you.
ALL MY LOVE!
PS!–We've added a $5,000 stretch goal. I keep saying that this book is gonna be The Artist's Way for Sexual Healing. I think that needs a workbook. What about you? :) bit.ly/sexaftertraumabook
over 1 year ago
– Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 01:55:36 AM
Ahhhhhhhh! We're at at $35,636!!!
Thank you amazing humans!!!
I have a feeling that this baby's getting funded tomorrow DURING the 10-Hour Telethon.
Ahhh! Buying champaign as prep! We gunna CELEBRATE together ON AIR.
Speaking of which! Here's the line up for tomorrow. We're going from 9am - 6pm PST on Facebook Live. Can you even believe this?
- Lisa Nagel, my amazing VA, is coming on. We're going to share our work-love story, give a lil advice about how to build your own business dream team, and then...Lisa's going to do a card reading for the book! Live! Eeep!
- Natalie Baack and I are going to jam on the over-lap between weight, body image, trauma and PERMISSION.
- Sarah Magdelena's going to offer a Tarot for the New Year giveaway and we're going to jam on pussy crystals, world peace and reclaiming love in age of patriarchy.
- Kelsey Gustafson is going to lead us in some awesome trauma sensitive yoga. We might also jam on unshaming our Secret Bad Girl-ness. ;)
- Dave Booda (the dude from the video who's not actually my boyfriend ;) ) and I are gonna share ideas for men who want to help end rape culture.
- Allison Moon's gonna talk about Girl Sex 101. And interior book design. Because she's multi-talented like that.
- Amber Leitz and I are gonna jam on SEX MAGIC as a form of self-healing, creation and self-actualization. Hot.
- Jimaneka Eborn's gonna share about teaching inclusive, holistic sex-ed for teens – and by the end you'll prob want her to teach it to you, too!
- Kalah Hill will teach us how to activate our Pussy Consciousness and embrace our deepest knowing as women. Tune in to get turned on.
- Lola Medicine Keeper will give counsel on how to choose a safe ceremony experience in the realm of shamanism and medicine journeys.
- Reid Mihalko's going to offer tools for making repairs post-consent violations... and other awesome #sexgeek stuff.
- Bitsy Burbon of More Than "No" is going to enlighten us about the overlap between KINK and trauma healing.
- Eleanor O'Brien is going to perform a poem from her upcoming show, "Sex We Can!" An Erotic Uprising. And giveaway something juicy at the end...
- Jeanette LeBlanc and I are gonna talk about how we became soul-fam from doing the Secret Bad Girl Kickstarter together, then share some crucial tips for SAFELY writing through the hard stuff.
- Marissa Correia is coming on to share womb wisdom and the connection between sexual healing and pelvic health.
- Erin Brown is going to read poems from her recent incredible book, Sovereign. She also has a baller deck that goes with, that she'll pull cards from for us all!
- Ann Nyguen will come on o share her sexual healing journey... and I'm gonna have her school you on how to make cool instagram stories, too. :)
- Jodi McLaren (my bestie!) is gonna join at the end and sing songs because duh.
- My parents might make a guest appearance because why not?? My mom is gonna giveaway some pretty jewelry. #momlove Maybe I'll ask them awkward questions about my career? My dad is an insanely funny human so hopefully he shows up!
Head to the Facebook event to get the exact times of special guest appearances!
In the meantime, here's a little video with a final request for support!
I LOVE YOU PEOPLE!
Together is an incredibly beautiful place to be.
over 1 year ago
– Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 02:23:25 AM
I cried gratitude today.
As of this minute, 225 of you have put your heart, cash and care into getting this book published. Countless more have shared their platforms, shared my words and shared the link to this Kickstarter. Truly, I cannot thank you enough. I am so so so grateful.
I told a friend recently that I've heard so many sad stories that they rarely make me cry anymore. I feel empathy for sure. But tears? Much more rare.
What gets me crying these days is the healing. The miracles. The togetherness. The devotion to co-creating something new. THAT inspires me in the most ancient sense of the word – it blows holiness into me. It melts me. It moves me.
Thank you so incredibly much. I couldn't do this without you. And I'm so grateful I get to do this WITH you. That together, we are putting something into the world that will help thousands of people reclaim a long lost connection to pleasure and power that they so honestly deserve. Thank you for letting it start with you. You deserve it.
With 4 days to go, we are in the FINAL stretch. Kickstarter is an all-or-nothing crowdfunding campaign, meaning we've got to raise the full $40,000 to get to keep any of it. As of this very moment we're at $29,873!
We can totally invoke this miracle. :)
Here's our game plan. (Spirit + Strategy = Our best shot.)
For those of you who are woo: light a candle, close your eyes, and imagine HUNDREDS of humans all across the world squealing at their computers when they see the news that this Kickstarter is fully funded! Hang out in the joy of the fact that YOU helped create a MASSIVE ripple of healing magic across this planet. Feel the gooey goodness of this beautiful success. SMILE.
Then... after your 30 second ritual, write something heartfelt and honest about how you'll feel when this Kickstarter gets fully funded, and invite people to help make it a reality. Post that on social media with a link to the Kickstarter. Send it in an email. Text it to a bestie. If each of us inspires just ONE other person to buy the book, this Kickstarter will be fully funded. (PS–Tag me so I can thank you personally!)
Next, consider increasing your pledge. Do you have a friend who could really use this book, but might not be emotionally ready to buy it? Want to get the book AND dance with me in San Diego? How about Write Yourself Free? Wanna toss some more cash into the Scholarship Fund? Consider upping your pledge by a little or a lot, depending on what your heart and pocketbook say.
Last, join me on Friday for a 10-Hour Telethon on Facebook Live. What?! Yes. I've invited dozens of my friends to join me to talk about all things sex, trauma, healing, and more! We are going to give away prizes (lots of card readings & new years magic), dance, eat and pee together, do Q+As, play songs, spit poems...the whole nine. Here's the Facebook event. I'll be going from 9am - 6pm PST. You can share that with your peeps, too! It's gonna be mega fun. (Will post a schedule with all the guests on Thursday!) Also, if you're in San Diego and want to come over, PLEASE DO! Message me – I need in-person support, good vibes, and company. I'll order lunch & dinner. :)
That's a wrap!
I love you!
You melt me and empower me all in one.
Bless bless bless. Couldn't be more grateful.